Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Mid-Century Dresser

I saw this dresser from Dwell Studio on Pinterest and thought it looked like THE dresser for my daughter's little room, except it cost over a $1,000 and is too wide for the space we have.

I used the above photo as an inspiration for a modified version I'm building for under $50. I made a scaled drawing in PowerPoint to help me imagine what my cut list would look like proportionally.

The biggest changes I made to my design include:
- changing the height, width, and depth of the dresser
- using pulls in the center rather than knobs
- using straight tapered legs
- glue-joining reclaimed wood for the top
- staining the sides and top and painting the front white

Process photos to come!

Link Party @


  1. Great choice for a little girl's room dresser! Can't wait to see your tutorial! :)

    1. I've been under the weather since Monday, but most of the wood for the drawers is cut and ready to assemble. =D Hope to have the whole piece finished by the weekend.

  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, John. :) I am hoping the usual coats of wood filler, paint, and stain will help it look more polished. :)

  3. Your finished dresser looks awesome! I like it better than the inspiration piece - the stain on the sides, white paint and gold legs ties in the colors of the room and is just gorgeous! Super impressed!

    1. Thank you, Joanne! I am so glad we have places to put my daughter's things. We actually have much more storage now than we need in that room. =D


Let's start a conversation. Seeing comments makes me want to do a jig. I love hearing from you, so please remember to leave your mark here. :)